Turning Crisis into Opportunity
Leadership is a journey.
It consists of success and achievement, but also obstacles and hurdles.
While struggles are inevitable, continuous learning and development can help provide leaders with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully navigate and overcome these challenges.
The Silver Lining
Leaders around the world have been put to the test recently, leaving many of them feeling stressed, exhausted and burnt out.
However, every cloud has a silver lining.
While we may not always see it, hardships can have some positive effects such as:
- Improved self-awareness
Recognising your own thoughts, emotions and intentions can help you improve your leadership approach as it allows you to understand how employees may perceive your behaviours.
- Increased compassion
Understanding others’ emotions and being compassionate can help strengthen working relationships, improve communication and collaboration, and improve workplace culture.
- Strengthened resilience
Having the ability to bounce back from hardships is essential in not only preserving your own performance, but also in maintaining employees’ motivation and productivity.
Where Learning and Development Comes In
COVID-19 has drastically changed the business environment and the ‘new normal’ requires a different skill set than the pre-COVID climate.
Learning and development are key in not only improving employees’ existing abilities, but also preparing them for potential future hardships by providing them with new skills and knowledge.
There are a many different types of training programmes and resources that could benefit employees in difficult times, including:
- Remote leadership courses
- Long-term development programmes
- Informative and relevant articles
Below, we have provided you with an extremely useful list of different training programmes and resources to help you and your employees turn crisis into opportunity:
Remote Leadership Courses
Long-term Development Programmes
- Level 3 Leadership and Management Development Programme
- Level 5 Leadership and Management Development Programme
- Level 4 Sales Development Programme
Latest Articles about Professional Development
- Revealing the True Meaning of Leadership
- 3 Ways to Improve Sales Forecasts When the Future is Unclear
- Laying Pathways for Success
- What Really Prevents Companies from Thriving in a Recession
- How Two of the Most Successful Leaders Became Successful
3 Inspirational Quotes to Remember in Crisis
- “Going through things you never thought you’d go through will only take you to places you never thought you’d get to” Morgan Harper Nichols
- “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength” Alexandra Elle
- “We are the silver lining in any and every dark cloud we could ever find. There is no need to go looking for the light when you bring it with you” Tyler Knott Gregson